Menu

The name "Henry"

I have a (just turned) seven year old named Henry Levi.

We love the name Henry here, it is a very solid name.

It was one of my favorite baby names for a long, long time, the name itself just seems to make you want to smile.

The name is quite interesting and unique, just like our Henry.:)

Henry is an older name, but I do see it making a comeback. I know a boy about 7 named Henry (after his dad) and they shortened it to Hank. I think Hank's a cute nickname, too!

Ahhhh Hank drives me nuts as a nickname. But then, my boy's big into reading Hank the Cowdog and Hank Zipzer books for his "brain candy" book of the week, so I'm a bit burned out on it.

I like Henry. I'm all for "old" names... We named our newest family member after a 12th century martyred saint: Thomas Becket. We're calling him Becket though - my husband's family is rampant with the name Thomas. (Of course, Henry II was [in a sense] responsible for Thomas Becket's death...hmmm.)

No offense to moms here who have used such names but I want something different. ;)

Not saying which name I named my son but it's one of those. In my defense I used it for a heritage reason and he was at least 2 yrs old before I heard of another child being named that. The trend followed me not the other way around. ;) So no offense taken. :D

My grandpa's name was Henry and my uncle was "Henry Jr." who went by Hank. I love the name Henry, and Hank. Someone else mentioned warm and strong and that's what I think of when I hear Henry...and some fragrant tobacco smoke, vanilla ice-cream, being loved. Good thoughts!:001_smile: