Menu

Need a hip carrier for a well-attached baby

My darling 6 month old is, shall we say, well-attached to Mama. I need a hip carrier for a big baby (over 15 pounds). I have a Moby but it is too stretchy. I have a Bjorn but I don't want her right in front of me all the time. I have a Babies r Us gift card so it would be a bonus if I could order from them. Thanks!!

I used something called a hip hammock. (9 yrs ago) It works for babies up to 2 yrs plus I ordered from swankeltd.com (or google hip hammock) I believe Playtexhas a similiar version available (thus the gift card) I loved this thing!!!

I could roll up like a fanny pack when I wasn't using it but I still wanted to have it near, REAL easy to put the baby in and out of (thus no car seat nightmare) and if the baby is asleep, bammo she's out of the carrier, in bedand still asleep!!

Sorry about the typing, I can't figure out how make this edit without typing over the words. It used to do allow me to insert and delete without chewing up all my work. Grrrrrrr

Lara

Well, I hear that you can use and Ergo for a hip carry. That'd be my favorite. I used it on my back until my son was 4. myfavoritebabycarrier.com

These are just... awesome!! Oh yes, this site has a 90 day money back guarantee.

And here's another lovely site http://www.sobebabies.com/baby-carriers-c-33/images/gvr.php

Edited by NayfiesMama

I really like my Ergo and you can find them used on the babywearer forums (that's where I got mine) :001_smile:

But the other day, a friend showed me her hotsling. It looked great! And very easy. And I think you can get them from BRU or Amazon (I'm sure you can find them used on the babywearer forums also)

Enjoy! I miss wearing my guy!

~Jessica