Menu

Anyone have a silly reason...

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like comb-bound either, but did use MUS for one year when we needed a special focus on multiplication.

I'm prejudiced against any type of "pace" type curricula for several reasons (#1 I really do feel they are dumbed down).

I can't stand any curricula that has "plain people" drawings and stories (for a variety of reasons) for children (I can enjoy an occasional Beverly Lewis book).

I can't stand any history or reading that is cleaned up and the whole world, or America at least, is just the land of Pollyanna'd people.

"Open and go" doesn't mean dumbed-down; it means "Don't waste time running all over the place getting the resources or supplies you need." But that's kind of a mouthful, so "open and go" it is.

Oh, I KNOW in my head that it doesn't mean that, that's why to me it is a silly reason.:D I don't know what led me to that conclusion, especially since I plan to use MFW (which I believe has been described as "open and go") Go figure!!:tongue_smilie:

This thread is funny ha :D Practical too, it turns out. I like Usborne's World History because it holds my ds' attention. However, I can see myself not using it in high school for obvious lack of flow of text.

I like pretty. No ugly drawn cartoons, ugly font, ugly text, ugly pictures. Nuh-uh. I need pretty pictures, cover, whatever. It's silly, but I'm a very visual person.

Speaking of pictures, I have found more boats on the covers of texts this year, more than any other image. MCT Voyage--boats. BJU vocab and lit--boats. Not pretty yachts, but ugly barges. What is UP with that? Would it kill MCT or BJ to find a pretty boat? Sheesh.