Menu

RE: Fast Braces Out of Texas

Are you talking about Damon Fast Braces? That's what my 11yo is wearing right now. She got them back in December.

In my dd's case, they aren't half the cost or half the time. My dd is a complicated case though. We saw several orthodontists and chose this one.

The other orthos all wanted to pull at least 4 more baby teeth and 4 adult teeth along with 2-3 years of braces followed by at least two years of full-time retainers with headgear.

The ortho we are seeing now was highly recommended by our dentist because of our dd's complicated mouth. He has put her in Damon fast braces. They are only on the top right now, but I think he'll add the bottom pretty soon since a new tooth that just came in is starting to make the bottom twist. The braces have made almost enough space in the past month for her fangs to come down where they're supposed to be (and not look like fangs anymore). He has said that he may have to remove two adult teeth on the top. She is so very crowded on top that it's going to be difficult to make enough room.

Her lower jaw is also tilted and receding. The ortho said that it's okay right now, but if it tilts more or recedes more, we'll have to do orthognathic surgery to reset the jaw. If we removed teeth from the bottom like the other orthos wanted to do, she'd definitely have to have orthognathic surgery.

Edited by AngieW in Texas

Thanks Angie, it sounds like you have had a good experience with the Damon Fast Braces. I am not sure if it is the same system, but the one I was looking at is by Dr. Anthony Viazis out of Texas, http://fastbraces.com

I googled the Damon system, and there is a Doc not too far away who uses that system, based on your experience I think I will go in for a consult.

Hoping other can chime in who have used either of these systems

Never have heard of this. We sent our son to Dr. Genecov in Dallas, after close friends recommended his practice. We are highly impressed ! Often, when I take ds for a check-up, I overhear other parents talking. Families come in from out-of-state to see this doctor. I was amazed to overhear a family from Kansas talking about how they drive all the way here just to see this orthodontist ! I have heard other out-of-state people speak, as well.

No, he does not. What I gather -- and I don't like to listen in on other people's conversations; however, people often talk loudly in confined office spaces -- is that people come for the doctor's skills as an oral surgeon. The patients from out of state appear to be undergoing a series of corrective surgeries.

Does this guy use the FastBraces system? If so at half the price I am sure people come from out of state. :)

Thanks for the bump!!!

My son has the Damon system braces. I like them b/c we only had to have visits every 10 weeks instead of every month. Otherwise, I am not really sure of the difference, except the price, ha ha. (Higher for the Damon). He's had them about 2 years (getting them off in a week!) which is about the same amount of time that the traditional ortho told us he'd have them. Maybe a little shorter...the preliminary visits were 2 1/2 years ago, so it's all a blur....

Thanks for the infomation. It does seem that the Damon system runs more moola. I sure wish someone had experience with this system of Dr. Viaziz. From what I gather they do minor bite corrections and cosmetic. They quoted me $2400, and about a year, which almost seems too good to be true.

• 1 month later...
Guest ClaireH

I have not used them personally, but one of my friends did and she actually got her braces off in about 10 months. I know everyone's case is different, but in her case the Viaziz FastBraces worked great. It seems like a good thing to me. If I was you, I'd ask your doctor if he'd give you a few referrals of his own clients who have used the braces.

• 1 month later...
Guest techybecky
Has anyone used this system, based out of of Texas? The brackets are different and they do it in half the time for half the price. Can't find much info on them other than their web site.

Thanks

Hi, Julie. I have heard of the Damon braces, but that's not the same as Fastbraces. I actually did go to FASTBRACES and they use the Viazi bracket. I had an awesome experience. The bracket they use is patented and it moves roots and teeth simultaneously. It's really cool because they don't cost much either and the people are very friendly. Initially, they were only in texas, but during the course of my treatment, they expanded nationally, which came in really handy because I finished my treatment in my new state. You should check them out.

Guest techybecky
Thanks for the infomation. It does seem that the Damon system runs more moola. I sure wish someone had experience with this system of Dr. Viaziz. From what I gather they do minor bite corrections and cosmetic. They quoted me $2400, and about a year, which almost seems too good to be true.

You'll like it! You should check out all the research. They use a patented system that even the Damon system does not have. I did do my own research. I recommend it.