Menu

Phantom of the Opera is going to have a sequel...

I guess this is a kind of spinoff on the "Do you know anyone famous?" thread. The woman who plays "Christine Daie" (the female lead) in Phantom of the Opera currently on Broadway is a good friend of ours.....Susan Owen. Previously, she was "Belle" in the touring company of "Beauty and the Beast." Here's dd and Susan last year, on our way in to "The Apple Tree" with Kristin Chenowith (a friend of Susan's; I posted a picture of dd and Kristin last year)

Anyway, here's "Christine Daie" in street clothes!

mollyandsusan-1.jpg[/img]

Here's dd and Susan last year' date=' on our way in to "The Apple Tree" with Kristin Chenowith (a friend of Susan's; I posted a picture of dd and Kristin last year)[/quote']

Oh, I love Kristin Chenowith! How I have missed Pushing Daisies! I saw her the other day as Miss Noodle, Mr. Noodle's sister on Elmo's World. :D

In Kristen's dressing room after "The Apple Tree." Kristen is a friend of Susan's, so we got to go up to visit after the show.

LOOK at how short she really is! Dd was 9 at the time (it was last winter) and though molly is tall for her age, Kristen is really a tiny little thing! SO, SO SWEET, though. She spent a long time talking to Molly, let her try on one of her costumes, even!

mollyandkristen.jpg[/img]

Oh wow, how cool is that?!

I hope it comes to Houston so I can take dd (and think, "There's Molly's Mom's friend! :))

Robin

She's in the permanent Broadway cast of Phantom. She toured with Beauty and the Beast. But DO COME TO NYC! We can go backstage and see all the props, costumes, ride in the boat, etc! And then we can hang out in the city! Great museums---- just call it a field trip! :001_smile:

OH MY GOSH! My daughter would be speechless!

She is a HUGE theatre geek who's greatest dream is to be on Broadway. AND Phantom is one of her favorite shows. AND Wicked (originally starring Kristin Chenowith) is another. She'd FAINT at the opportunity to meet these folks!

Okay, I have way over-used my exclamation point, but GEE!

She is a HUGE theatre geek who's greatest dream is to be on Broadway. AND Phantom is one of her favorite shows. AND Wicked (originally starring Kristin Chenowith) is another. She'd FAINT at the opportunity to meet these folks!

We basically live 24/7 with the soundtracks from:

Wicked

Phantom

Pippin

and assorted Broadway Kids albums

And that's just the CURRENT list! Dd goes through spurts of Rogers & Hammerstein, Andrew Lloyd Weber, etc.

Our dd's sound similar!

Do our daughters know each other? LOL.

Tonight is opening night for dd12. Each year we seem to be spending more and more time driving to and from drama classes and rehearsals. Instead of helmets and sweaty uniforms, I have grease paint and musty costumes.

music037.gif

"The Phaaaaantom of the Oprah is here...with freebies of all kinds..."

Debra, forget the live, Rocky Horror-esque performance of The Breakfast Club...I think we've found the venue to make ourselves stars. :-)

Ha! You may have something there...can I be Gail? :D

(Love the new quote.) ;)