Menu

Felt board pieces... Is it worth it to make your own?

Thanks! I found some really cool sets that go along with story books on ebay... and I just bought 5 little monkeys.

Should I have some that are for free play too?

So... what kind of felt board? I was thinking of covering our old white board easel with felt, or covering an old board game with felt (smaller and stand on table).

Thanks! I found some really cool sets that go along with story books on ebay... and I just bought 5 little monkeys.

Should I have some that are for free play too?

So... what kind of felt board? I was thinking of covering our old white board easel with felt, or covering an old board game with felt (smaller and stand on table).

Yes--and I like to cut out apples, shapes, holiday things, etc for free play, and for making math games (number sets and alphabet sets come in handy, too).

I have made a lot of my own to go with favorite picture books. I made a set to go with It Looked Like Spilt Milk by simply tracing the shapes and cutting out white felt. I have also made some for Jan Brett books using the great printables on her website and gluing them to small squares of felt. I also make plain shapes for tangram activities, patterns, and counting games.

I've made many myself and enjoy doing so when I have the time. I like to make pieces for favorite stories or rhymes. If there is a particular shape/character I need and am not able to free hand draw it , I'll look online for a color page or search Google images using the "line drawing" option.