Menu

Desserts! What kind of Desserts seem to sell best at dessert auctions?

My daughter is in a small theater company that is having a weekend of one act plays & a dessert auction as a fund raiser. I'm supposed to make something for it. I love making desserts & have some ideas, but I wondered if anyone had experience seeing what goes over well at an auction.

Jacqui

Is it in the evening? If so, a pan of cinnamon rolls. Sweet enough to be considered "dessert" but oh, so tempting for all the tired folks who don't even want to think about preparing breakfast the next morning.

Otherwise, you can't go wrong with chocolate...hmmm...cinnamon rolls with chocolate sauce...

My daughter is in a small theater company that is having a weekend of one act plays & a dessert auction as a fund raiser. I'm supposed to make something for it. I love making desserts & have some ideas, but I wondered if anyone had experience seeing what goes over well at an auction.

Jacqui

The ones that draw the big bids at our church's auction are those ooey-gooey trifle things with layers of candy bar pieces, whipped cream, chocolate mousse, etc. No real baking involved, but the ingredients aren't the cheapest either.

Guest Virginia Dawn

I've been to lots of cake auctions. The fancy cheesecakes, anything decadently chocolate, or something that is slightly unusual but pretty. Also nicely decorated carrot cakes.