Menu

Best places to purchase curricula?

Guest skeener

Guest skeener

I'm just wondering where all of you have found the curricula you use... Are there any wonderful places to find everything, used or new? We're on a pretty tight budget, too...

Thanks.

Sara

DD 5

DD 3 1/2

DS 23 mos.

DD 5 weeks

Hi Sara & welcome!

I purchase most of my materials used either from the For Sale boards here or from www.homeschoolclassifieds.com. There are other sites as well, but I usually stick to those two. There are a few used curriculum sales in my area, so I check those out as well. I prefer to look at the material before purchasing whenever possible. Of course, even when I buy new and can't use something I know I can sell to someone else.

ETA: Oh yeah, for new I either purchase from the publisher, Amazon.com or Rainbow Resource.

I tend to go used or straight to the publisher. If I go to something like Rainbow Resource, I end up loading up my cart with all sorts of other neat things. It's easier to avoid getting diverted at "Singaporemath.com".

The publisher is always going to be higher. We also are on a tight budget, so the problem of finding other goodies at rainbow isnt huge with me. I do find them, they go on my wish list. The other suggestions you were given are everything I would have suggested. Also there is www.vegsource.com (there is a homeschool swap board on there somewhere) and also

www.homeschoolbooksforless.com