Menu

Prayer request update

Last week I posted a prayer request for my dh51 who had a massive stroke on Mar. 2.

He is doing better. He is in 3 hours of hospital rehab therapy a day, and will stay there for 2 more weeks. He will not be wheelchair-bound (thanks be to God), but we don't yet know whether he will be able to walk unassisted. He can speak with great difficulty -- unbelievable difficulty -- yet he can express himself somewhat now. We don't yet know whether his language will return to the extent needed to hold a job, especially a communication-intensive job like he had. So, who knows, a year from now, we could be living on government assistance, but we will get dh back to our family.

DH's coworkers and bosses have been wonderful ... they helped us distribute dd's Girl Scout cookies ... they have bombarded dh with emails of encouragement. They very much want him back at work with them ... this gives me great comfort.

Things are looking up, but the road before us looks very very long. We are all changed and changing in a way I could not even have imagined. Ds15 and dd13 are ready to be done with this thing ... they are learning patience and forbearance the hardest way.

Thank you all for your prayers ... I do feel them ... and if you would, please send up another prayer now and then for us as we continue to do what we have to do.

Karen

Karen, he's come a long way in 2 weeks, amid what I'm sure is tremendous frustration for him! Keep faith.

Take care of yourself and try to have a positive outlook. You are correct, you are at the beginning of a long road. But each day will take you closer to the end of the road. Make time for yourself along the way, so that YOU don't end up exhausted and in need. :grouphug:

I'll be thinking of you and your family! Hang in there.