Menu

Passover materials?

FairProspects

Anybody have great ideas for teaching Passover Seder to children? We have the Plagues bag (http://www.plaguesbag.com/) but I'd love some more ideas as well! I really want them to understand the meaning behind the ceremony and the stories so any aids, activities, would be great!

We did a Messianic Seder for our history group's unit celebration. It is fascinating. Sometimes, Jews for Jesus put on demonstration Seders which explain the same thing. I'm sure you could find an outline for a Messianic Seder online somewhere.

I like Celebrate the Feasts by Martha Zimmerman.

We did a Seder on a whim a few years back and the kids talked about it for years. I thought, there's something to this. We've done it ever since. Ours is a much shortened version, but the symbolism is amazing and it's a special night for our family. We throw a white table cloth on the coffee table in the family room and 'recline at table' with all the plates of food. And just so you know, because we didn't, Manischewitz sweet wine (looks more like grape juice) does contain alcohol....we got it for the kids!!! They only had a few sips, but we thought it was just grape juice.:tongue_smilie:We've done Welches ever since.

There are some other good books for kids on Passover, "P is for Passover" and "The Passover Seder" a touch and feely kind of book by Scholastic.

I like Celebrate the Feasts by Martha Zimmerman.

There are some other good books for kids on Passover, "P is for Passover" and "The Passover Seder" a touch and feely kind of book by Scholastic.

This is what we do as well. We actually grew up with the Zimmermans :). I remember my mom having lots of coloring sheets and hands-on activities for us during Passover though, so I was wondering if anyone else had good resources for something that? Does anyone make a coloring or activity book for Passover? I haven't seen those books so I will have to check them out too.

The lapbook looks great!!