Menu

Curriculum that uses Bible as reader

lisamarie

Heart of Dakota uses two different levels of Bibles as readers after phonics, but before they are fluent readers (emerging readers) and it includes questions and a schedule of what to read, when. You could do both levels of Bibles then move on to the remaining emergent reader books and come out with a fluent reader!

Heart of Dakota uses two different levels of Bibles as readers after phonics, but before they are fluent readers (emerging readers) and it includes questions and a schedule of what to read, when. You could do both levels of Bibles then move on to the remaining emergent reader books and come out with a fluent reader!

I am doing HOD-LHFHG right now and I do all the reading of the Bible to my DS, so if I kept with HOD, would DS start reading the suggested Bible for himself? Today was the first day that I actually had DS try to read the story himself and he did okay, but the bigger words were definitely beyond his current skill level.

I would like my kids to learn to read the Bible for themselves so I am interested in something that uses the Bible for their reading rather than generic readers. I will go check out R&S reading (which is unfortunate since I just received my big order from them today so I'd have to order yet again from them:tongue_smilie:).

I am doing HOD-LHFHG right now and I do all the reading of the Bible to my DS, so if I kept with HOD, would DS start reading the suggested Bible for himself? Today was the first day that I actually had DS try to read the story himself and he did okay, but the bigger words were definitely beyond his current skill level.

I would like my kids to learn to read the Bible for themselves so I am interested in something that uses the Bible for their reading rather than generic readers. I will go check out R&S reading (which is unfortunate since I just received my big order from them today so I'd have to order yet again from them:tongue_smilie:).

HOD emerging readers set includes either The Beginner's Bible or The Early Readers Bible. It doesn't have them reading the Bible included with LHFHG. I'm sure your ds will have no problem reading it on his own after awhile, though.