Menu

Tea Collection Kids Clothes - anyone ordered? Quality?

I've ordered from them once. I think the quality isn't quite up there with Hannah. The two dresses I ordered faded/looked worn much sooner than I expected whereas HA clothing takes a looong time to do that at our house. Also, one of the dresses had a snap that didn't really stay snapped.

I think a lot of their clothing is cute but I probably won't order from them again. Maybe someone else has had a better experience and mine was a fluke? hth

I *love* their clothing. I've bought more of their stuff for my son (who has sadly outgrown all of their clothing now), but everything I've had has held up *great*. My daughter has a small collection of their dresses and a few pair of leggings, but she hasn't worn them non-stop like my son did. I would say the quality has been comparable to our Hanna stuff... But it's probably also true that my kids just aren't as hard on their clothes as other kids I read about. I have no idea why that might be.

I ordered once and wasn't thrilled with the quality. The sizing was also odd. I ordered the same dress in a 3 and 5 (the sizes my kids wore at the time in all other brands), the 3 was huge and the 5 was tiny. When I set them back to back there was only 1/2" difference in hem length.

I never saw the catalog before, but I just placed an order. "Only* because my dd who doesn't like much of any kind of clothing loved everything. I hope it all works out, because I was psyched she liked it any of it! I wondered about the sizng, too. My 10 yr old is 63 lbs and the sizing only goes up to 8, but says 8 is to 74 lbs. Some of the little models had their two front adult teeth, so i was crossing my fingers there. :)

Will report in when it arrives.

We just got our order. The Mi-hi dress runs large. The Banded dress runs true to size, and the leggings run ridiculously small.

I called them -- my dd loved the leggings, but they were so tight-- and they did not specify that some things ran small/big etc, she could barely breathe-- and I wanted to understand the discrepancy. I was told that the collections that start with G in the item number run true to size, maybe a little small, but their own collection, which starts with a T in the item number runs roomy. Nothing is preshrunk, however. And that the leggings run small.

The leggings must go, and they were my dd's favorite part of the outfit. :( Ah well, she adores the dresses, and I can get some white hanna capris for the banded dress.

On the up side, I was told that they are adding larger sizes in the July catalog. Currently they go up to size 8. My dd is a small 10 yr old and the T items are lovely on her.

You have to pay your own shipping to return, which bums me out totally.

I thought the design and quality, especially on the Mi-hi dress was wonderful. The banded dress and leggings are a nice smooth and silky cotton, very much like the old Hanna. I am not sure what they will be like after a wash. I plan to wash in cold and hang to dry, as we can't afford much shrinkage, and esp not on the banded dress.