How well does your mom know you?  

1. 1. How well does your mom know you?

• Very well
    • Pretty well
    • So-So
    • Barely
    • Not at all
    • Other

I chose other, because there was not an option for "she THINKS she knows me very well."

She does have a fair understanding of my personality, but many of our core values are pretty different, so she really doesn't understand the motivations behind my choices. But she talks to others as though she *thinks* she understands me perfectly.

:iagree:But I put down 'barely'. She insists she knows me completely, but it couldn't be further from the truth. She knows me as a child, and has her version of events (of EVERYTHING)which may or may not (likely) match up with the reality of things.

She's the hero of her own comic strip. Everything is about her. A.L.W.A.Y.S. To contradict her, you're plain wrong, even a liar.

I'm working very hard on forgiving her. Along my journey to Christ, it was pointed out how much *I* am forgiven...so how dare I *not* pray for the ability to forgive her? Christianity...its harder than you think :tongue_smilie:

My mom thinks she knows me very well, but there are lots of things I do not/can not share with her. Also, I need my privacy and the only person that I want to know me very well is my husband. My mother would like to be the person who knows everything about me first, and the person who tells me happy holidays before everyone else, etc. I'm an only child, so that probably plays a role in her desire for much more involvement and knowledge of the goings on in my life than I am willing to have.

Sometimes a scratch my head when reading comments regarding mother-daughter relationships. You don't know what you got till it's gone. Really.

I respectfully disagree. My mom's been gone for almost a decade and I can say, sadly, that my life is infinitely easier now than when she was alive. I'll leave out the details because I love my mom and want to honor her, but living with someone with severe illness (physical and mental) makes realtionships hard and often painful.

Sometimes a scratch my head when reading comments regarding mother-daughter relationships. You don't know what you got till it's gone. Really.

I feel exactly the same way. Mother-daughter relationships baffle me, too. My mom died when I was 16 and was sick for 4 years before that. I'd say that my mom had no idea who I was as a person; I was just her child.