Menu

Little Gym--I must be crazy...

I didn't have time to read all the posts, so this may have been mentioned before...our Little Gym has specials if you pay for more than one semester at a time. If you decide not to continue you get your money refunded. It ended up averaging out to $11 a session. That was closer to what the other gyms were charging. My daughter had a similar reaction to your son's. She loves her teachers and is willing to try things that she never would have before.

It will be worth it and it will all work out!

Are there any more "pure" gymnastics gyms in your area? You know - the kind that start in preschool and actually go up to National level. We did the Little Gym trial and found (as you did) that there was no way we could afford it. So we called around and did other trials at more "pure" gyms (I'm using that word because I'm not sure how else to characterize them). It was so much cheaper and my dd liked the instructors and the activities just as much. And since they do give a free trial session you can compare. Then if you find out that only Little Gym will do, you will know that you really did look at other options.

Yes, this is good advice. My dd, and at times, my oldest ds, started out in Little Gym. It did get too pricey. We moved to a more "pure" gym, and it was definitely cheaper. They got more class time for less money. And the instructors were very encouraging and nice at the new gym, too.

It was getting really tight for us financially, but I still wanted to make it happen for my kids. Ultimately, my dd decided that although she loves gymnastics, she didn't want to commit that much time to it. So she quit last June. My ds still asks to go once in awhile (I pulled him at the same time) and I may take him back eventually. He wants to try every sport, though. He can't wait for next winter, when he will finally be old enough for basketball.

I didn't have time to read all the posts, so this may have been mentioned before...our Little Gym has specials if you pay for more than one semester at a time. If you decide not to continue you get your money refunded. It ended up averaging out to $11 a session. That was closer to what the other gyms were charging. My daughter had a similar reaction to your son's. She loves her teachers and is willing to try things that she never would have before.

It will be worth it and it will all work out!

That's great! The director said that they were going to work out a deal begining next year for paying by the year instead of by the semester. That would be wonderful if it turns out to be as good of a deal as your gym provides.

I'm sorry if this is an after the fact post, I haven't read all the replies. My kids have been going to our local The Little Gym for 2 years now and we love it. It may seem expensive in the beginning but it is so worth it. My kids have just blossomed there and their skills have improved so much. My dh and I have decided this isn't just an extra it's an absolute mandatory thing in our homeschool. Each of my 3 kids goes to 1 class a week and all of the Parent Survival Nights the gym offers. We also do a week of their camps each summer for the kids.

I don't know how your gym works but since they are a world wide company I'm sure it's similar to ours. They will prorate the price if you're not starting at the beginning of the semester, they also give a little discount for the second and subsequent children in the same family enrolled. Usually a few weeks or so before the new semester starts they have what's called Priority enrollment for those currently enrolled, this means you get first pick of the available classes and a pretty good discount toward that new semester.

I sure hope it all works out for you.

If at 6, this was the first thing outside the home my son had liked and done well at, I would try to make it happen.

:iagree: We did something similar with our highly timid ds when he was about 4.5 by enrolling him in a local gymnastics program. It was exactly the thing he needed to build his confidence, and now he is the star of his soccer team, plays in chess tournaments, runs 5K races, etc... we can't stop him :lol:. He is still a very shy person and introvert, but he is confident enough in himself to go outside of his safe place and BE all he can be. It was more than worth the expense to get him that boost.