Menu

it took me 5 hours to get airplane tickets but I saved $300

Yes, I hate making airplane reservations that aren't straightforward. It did take me 5 hours to get it all figured out but I did a better job than airline reservation people that I tried to use at about the midpoint thinking spending $100 to save lots more money wouldn't be so bad. However, he couldn't get it done. Why was it so difficult? Well we didn't care what airports we used, we could go on a few days, and one of the tickets would be bought using redeemed flight miles. So I am saving even more money if I consider our first plan which was to fly to Calgary. Now we will fly to Jackson Hole, Wy and go on an opposite loop around the Northern Rockies. We will still visit Calgary, just not fly from there. That saved us 600 dollars. Then taking three flights each way versus two saved us an additional 300 dollars and kept us from arriving at 1 am and leaving at 6 am. Now we have normal hours for flying and cheaper airplane tickets.