Menu

Calling Dr. Hive: What do you make of this? (maybe TMI for some)

My DD7 is having having a second episode of mysterious vomiting/diarrhea. The same thing happened two weeks ago, when she started complaining of stomach upset, then threw up repeatedly in 4-5 hour period. She was pale and cool to the touch, lethargic, had no appetite, etc. However, by 11:00 p.m., her color had returned, she was hungry again, wide awake and perky etc. After that, she was completely her normal self, as if nothing had happened. We just chalked it up to something she ate, though we couldn't pinpoint what, and let it go.

However, this morning the same thing seems to be happening. She complained of stomach upset, had diarrhea soon after, then gagged periodically. She ate a few bites of toast for breakfast and threw up shortly thereafter. Now she's hunkered down on the couch, pale and lethargic.

I don't see any symptoms of any other issue. She's not in pain now. We all had Taco Bell for dinner last night (thanks to my parents *sigh*), but no one else is having any trouble.

What would you make of this? Should I chalk it up to "just one of those things"? Is there anything else I should be looking for?

TIA!