Menu

General Science Recommendations for 7th grade

We'll be doing Science Matters (as stated by the previous poster) as a read aloud/ discuss, but for our main program I am leaning towards Rainbow Science. It seems a good mix of Textbook/Experiment while preparing sufficiently for HS science. I have an aspie, so need something that will encourage (rather then overwhelm) a struggling learner. (I also like the fact that it comes complete... easy for me!)

My 7th grader is doing Rainbow Science for 7th and 8th. It is a 2 year program, but done every day, could be covered in one year. It covers physics, chemistry, life science, and earth/applied science. It is designed for 2 lessons each week and a lab each week. There are free quizzes available online. Those are after 4 lessons and 2 labs.

When you purchase it, the kit contains everything (except distilled water so far) that you need for the labs. I mean everything, including batteries, straight pins, etc.

I can't find the article on the site, but SWB had written a review of it that really helped me decide on it.