Menu

Ack!! Dd just dripped fingernail polish...

I tried fingernail polish remover but it didn't work. It was my fault for leaving in on the counter where she could reach it. I turned my back, she grabbed it and opened it. The cap must not have been on very tight if a two-year-old could open it! Ugh. I want to cry. It's just a dress, I know....but she was so BEAUTIFUL!!! :001_smile:

We've also had a wonderful experience with nail polish. When my ds was a toddler we were all busy getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner. I was busy helping the girls get dressed. Unfortunately my ds got into some nail polish that I had on my dresser. Somehow he was able to get it open and decided to "paint" including a lamp, my dresser, his hair and the front of his new outfit. I was able to get it off the dresser but we arrived at Grandma's with a beautiful streak of pink in his hair and on his clothing. I wish I took pictures. I was so upset at the time but now it would have been great for his baby book. :)

ds 2 (at the time-13now) used to get eye drops a few times a day for allergies.

One day, he found the only bottle of nail polish I owned (forgot I even had it in fact) and decided to put it in his eye. I guess he thought it was eye drops but I will never know. I found him in the hallway screaming HMMM how to describe the screaming.....well, like he put a gelatinous, toxic chemical in his eye! I put him in the bathtub, and tried to flush his eyes. But the polish was clear and you couldn't see if it was still in there or not. I called the ambulance to come get him because he was screaming and there was no way I could have driven him to the ER.

He ended up fine in the end. But I still remember how terrified I was that he was going to loose sight in his eye from it.

A very bad day indeed!