Menu

S/O: Give us your best sleepwalking stories!!

Two of our sons have been sleepwalkers and I have been known to do it, also. Here are a couple of stories from the Guheerts:

- DS19 used to sleepwalk a lot! The thing about him was that he didn't usually sleepwalk, but rather he sleepran! :eek: We never could figure out how he could navigate up and down stairs in the pitch black of night. :confused:

- DS12 also has been a sleepwalker. We used to find it annoying until one night MomsintheGarden found him in the kitchen DOING THE DISHES! :D

Our 6 year-old sleepwalks. One time, husband and I were watching TV at night in the living room. Son walks in, walks into the dining room, goes up to the wall, pulls down his pajama pants and starts to pee on the dining room wall.

Yeah, awesome. :001_huh:

Husband thought it was soooo funny... :lol:

Our son was a sleep walker. It wasn't unusual for him to just come in our room and just stand by our bed. One night he came in and stood facing the wall. It always took us a bit to wake up enough to realize he wasn't aware of what he was doing, so it was a bit disconcerting to have him just stand there with no response.

One morning he woke up to find fish food in his bed. He had a small aquarium in his room at the time. We think he was sleep walking and must have decided to feed his fish. Only problem is that he ended up dumping all of it on his bed and then climbing back in bed and going back to sleep.

Guest Virginia Dawn

One night I woke up with the feeling someone was watching me. My daughter was standing in the doorway. I called her name and she didn't answer. When I realized she was still asleep, I turned her around and steered her back to her room. When we got there, she crawled back into bed. She didn't remember a thing the next day.

My brother used to sleepwalk. Every night he'd get up and turn the heat up to, like, 95 degrees! We tried taping the knob, but he'd break the tape. This went on for weeks, then stopped.

My ds talks a lot in his sleep (very funny), and sleepwalks occasionally. His sister can get him to do stuff when he's in this state, like chicken-walking and such. Several times he's awakened on the couch, with no memory of moving there from his bed.

When my dad was 6, his mom went to wake him up in the morning and he wasn't in his bed. After a frantic search, he was discovered in the family car fast asleep.

My sister inherited this tendency from my dad. When she was 10, she woke up because she was very cold. It turns out she had managed to stand on her bed, open her basement window, and climb into the window well while asleep!:001_huh: