Menu

home remedies for conjunctivitis?

My husband has had a cold and had this in one eye. Now I have it in one eye, but I don't have cold symptoms (yet).

It's driving me crazy. I will go to the doctor tomorrow if the snow/ice storm doesn't come, but I was just hoping for some relief from the discomfort.

FTR, dh's eye is a good bit better.

WhenI had it, the pharmacist told me to dilute a tiny amount of baby shampoo with water and then use a q-tip to clean the area. (I know lots of people are opposed to that, so YMMV). When that didn't help, I read online to use vinegar (just a drop) and flush out the eye. It HURT SO BAD, but helped a little. Nothing solved it till I broke down and went to the Dr for the first time in years. :glare:

My husband has had a cold and had this in one eye. Now I have it in one eye, but I don't have cold symptoms (yet).

It's driving me crazy. I will go to the doctor tomorrow if the snow/ice storm doesn't come, but I was just hoping for some relief from the discomfort.

FTR, dh's eye is a good bit better.

If it's viral conjunctivitis, the best thing for it is time. Warm compresses, frequent handwashing, take a nice high dose of oral garlic and vitamin c supplements to boost immune system, and if you've got access to anyone lactating, a few drops of breastmilk applied to the eye a few times a day clears it up like crazy fast!