Menu

Math supplementers....

Another Lynn

for ds8. I like real-life problem solving and think it is key in any math program. JMO. Saxon is lacking in that dept. and so someone here recommended CWP's. So far, it's adding to Saxon what I found was missing. I plan to use it with my other dc as well for their levels. Upper level Saxon has more word problems than elem. so I've not supplemented thus far. I'm also planning to use Saxon w/ MUS for ds6 once we get accustomed to MUS and he's back into the "groove" of doing schoolwork.

we're using Math U See with my 5 y.o....

This is an AWESOME program. We're on the Primer level (2nd level) and already my daughter's understanding of the HOWS of math is coming together for her (place value, why carry).

She loves it, but I love it more b/c of the teacher/child weekly DVD lesson, teacher's manual, the manipulatives for hands on experiments, the song CD and songbook for learning math facts, the charts and workbook, and even the online support at their yahoo group. Very good program.

We also use MUS supplemented with Singapore's Challenging Word Problems. My oldest will soon be moving into MUS Gamma and my middle son is currently working on Primer. I am very satisified with MUS but I use the CWP for a little variety. I have to admit that the rest of Singapore's curriculum makes me a little crazy:001_huh: I much prefer the mastery approach.