Menu

Queen's cursive currriulum?

jenL

I remember a thread a while back about the Queen's Homeschool Cursive Primer and corresponding books. I love how they appear to gently teach cursive while incorporating picture study.

Has anyone used these? If so, what did you and your dc(s) think?

Will I need to purchase all the way through Book F? It seems kind of pricey at $13/book.

If there's something cheaper you recommend, I'm all ears on that too!

Thanks!

We love Pictures in Cursive here! My dds both started with the Primer and my dd8 is now in Book B. They both love the artwork and answering the questions presented in the books. I purchased all the books through Book D, and intend to purchase the rest of the series when they are ready. It takes 5 minutes or less per day and their cursive handwriting is really nice. I really appreciate how it adds something beautiful to their school day, too.

We love Pictures in Cursive here! My dds both started with the Primer and my dd8 is now in Book B. They both love the artwork and answering the questions presented in the books. I purchased all the books through Book D, and intend to purchase the rest of the series when they are ready. It takes 5 minutes or less per day and their cursive handwriting is really nice. I really appreciate how it adds something beautiful to their school day, too.

This is exactly why I'm drawn to it! It's handwriting and art/picture study in one.

Thank you for answering, ladies!

Finally! Does the Queen's cursive ever have you trace the letters? I didn't see tracing in the samples. I don't want a cursive book that uses tracing....

I just made up my own cursive book using zaner-bloser fonts because I like it better than the font used in Cursive First. I'm doubting myself though... I'd rather have a workbook to give to the kids; so it's nice to see I have an acceptable option if I chicken out : ) And the artwork is beautiful!