Menu

Coconut oil for eczema?

Is pure coconut oil basically the same as virgin coconut oil? I have Pure Coconut Oil, but the label doesn't say anything else. Ingredients: coconut oil... Would you try it on eczema or does it have to say virgin?

I dont know...the coconut oil can be hydrogenated and they can probably still call it 'pure' a slong as they dont add anything. The people who sell the really pure, virgin stuff usually make a big deal about how unprocessed it is. What is the brand? Some people here may know it.

Does it smell absolutely yummy and like you would love to eat it?

I have started using it as a deodorant and I just about want to lick my armpits. Sorry for the image, but my coconut oil just smells so yummy.

I have started using it as a deodorant and I just about want to lick my armpits. Sorry for the image, but my coconut oil just smells so yummy.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

If it was hydrogenated would it have Trans Fat in it? The nutrition label says it has 12g of Saturated Fat, 0g of Trans Fat, 0.5g Polyunsaturated Fat, and 1g Monounsaturated Fat. The brand name is LouAna Pure Coconut Oil.

I haven't opened it yet to see if it smells yummy. How do you use it as a deodorant?

Thanks!

The brand name is LouAna Pure Coconut Oil.

LouAna is RBD oil: refined, bleached, and deodorized. It's chemically extracted from dried copra, which is full of contaminants and needs to be chemically refined and bleached. Virgin or Extra Virgin coconut oil is extracted from fresh coconut using one of several natural (solvent-free) methods.

I assume the RBD oil would function as an oil, i.e. it would seal in moisture. I suspect, though, that you would be missing a lot of the nutrients that you would get in the raw stuff, which "feeds" the skin.

My son used to get terrible eczema on his hands in the winter ~ to the point that his knuckles would be cracked and bleeding and his skin had a grayish tint and looked scaley. I used virgin coconut oil (Spectrum brand) on his hands, including slathering it on at night and covering his hands with cotton gloves, and they healed right up.

Jackie

How do you use it as a deodorant?

!

Well, I knew peopel jsut used coconut oil as a deodorant- just rubbed some into their armits each morning- and I had done that and not felt too confident it was working. I probsbyl didnt give it long enough.

Then last week there was a thread here that had a link in it....and now I have this lovely container with a mixture of baking soda, corn starch, and virgin coconut oil to turn it into a paste.)Dont ask for quantities- I dont know- just a heaped spoon of both and some oil to mix) I just get a bit of that out and melt it against my armpit and rub it in- straight after a shower.

It seems to work really, really well. It was 35 degrees celsius here yesterday and I was out in the heat all day and I didn't smell at all (I kept checking with my daughter who was rather amused with me). I also added some essential oils so it smells awesome mixed with the coconut oil smell.