Menu

Recommend a dvd art program please

lovetobehome

I have no idea if these would work, but you can look into these two:

Meet the Masters (through homeschool buyers co-op):

https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/index.php?option=com_hsbc_epp_order&Itemid=936

Mark Kistler's Online Drawing Lessons:

https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/index.php?option=com_hsbc_epp_order&Itemid=1194

Creativity Express (I like the art concepts this teaches - at least in the samples - for instance, I never understood color, saturation and hue):

http://www.madcaplogic.com/

Good luck. The only other I know of is Atelier and I've seen your other thread on that one.

I apologize, I haven't actually used Meet the Masters, but its always been on my list to try. I've heard good reviews of it. I'm guessing it can't be resold either. They did do this program via dvd/cdrom before they switched to this online version so you may be able to find old copies of it for sale; perhaps on homeschoolclassifieds.com. I'm not familiar with I Can Do All Things.

Good luck,

I was going to suggest Meet the Masters as well, we started it last fall and we love it. Each lesson studies an artist, a few works from that artist, and then trying a technique. The only preparation I have to do is making sure we have the art supplies for each project and they use basic things. I also have my kids keeping notebooks with a page where they write down information on each artist we have studied. You can check out sample lessons on their website if you want to learn more or feel free to ask me if you have any specific questions.

I think creativity express is on sale now at timberdoodle, and they are having a special shipping rate for your whole order if you purchase at least one software item. The special ends on Jan. 11th. I was looking through the software, and I am tempted to get the creativity express.

I think creativity express is on sale now at timberdoodle, and they are having a special shipping rate for your whole order if you purchase at least one software item. The special ends on Jan. 11th. I was looking through the software, and I am tempted to get the creativity express.

It is also on sale on the Creativity Express website for $24.97 I think, not sure what the shipping is on it though. And if you choose their online version, its only $19.99 I think. I did one of the sample lessons once and I really like this. We also do Atelier art though too, but I learned more from this than I have from Atelier. Of course, I also have Meet the Masters and Artistic Pursuits (yes, junkie.........) which I haven't yet used. :)

My hubby didnt like the Creativity Express sample, he thought the bantering between the characters was complaining and whiney. Bummer, because my kids would love it . But he nixed it immediately. He said the art info was great, but the 'tude bothered him. I like MTM, but I don't like that it is just online and I would have access for a limited time...wish it were on dvds or something.