Menu

It is SO cold ...

I know Colorado isn't the only cold place right now either. It is currently

-9 degrees with -19 windchill. I am so glad I am inside where it is nice and toasty warm ... ok ... maybe not toasty warm, but not cold either. BRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:grouphug:I hear you, we've got our 1' now that the sun is up and -15 windchill. Needless to day, I'm not going out if we don't have too. My ds will want to go out and work on his fort though.

I know Colorado isn't the only cold place right now either. It is currently

-9 degrees with -19 windchill. I am so glad I am inside where it is nice and toasty warm ... ok ... maybe not toasty warm, but not cold either. BRRRRRRRRRRRRR

We just moved here to KS a month ago and everyone assured us that it NEVER gets to zero. They all lied. Their idea of a mild winter is ridiculous to me. Never getting above 30^ is NOT mild. It is miserable when you aren't prepared for it.

On that whiny, gripy note I'm going to find my wool socks and long underwear because I'm freezing!

That's about what it is here, too. DD asked when it was going to be warm again. All I could think at the time was that it it'll start to warm up when the tornadoes begin...

The other thing I was told before moving to KS was that the whole tornado thing is really not accurate. The Wizard of Oz just makes everyone associate tornadoes and KS. That is superficially true - TX did have more tornadoes last year than KS - but TX is significantly larger than KS to. I wonder if they have a place that compares the number of tornadoes by amount of land? Just wondering aloud here...