Menu

Family Devotional

Mrs.W

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good family devotional? I'm looking for something that really focuses on God and not just morality stories. We've been using Discovering Jesus in Genesis/Exodus by Susan Hunt in our homeschooling and love it, but would like something similar in a devotional format. Hopefully I'm making sense.:confused: I'm finding it hard to describe what I want, but I just know I haven't found it yet.

Thank you both! I will look into the One Year Bible.

Heather, I have looked at Training Hearts and thought it looked good. My only hesitation is that my kids are (or will be) learning the Heidelberg Catechism, and I wondered if it might be overkill or confusing for them. I love the Westminster, so that's not the issue. Any thoughts?

I think the two would repeat an awful lot.

Our family is doing Bible Study Guide for All Ages. I have the worksheets for two levels that go with it and am on the fence as to whether I'll order them again. I am happy just with the teacher's guide. The worksheets are reinforcement and helped dd 8 but dd 11 was kinda bored by them.

It's a program that has you read directly from the bible and does not stay all in the OT or NT. It has good variety and while I'd love a bit deeper type questions, it does a good job for what I bought it to do.

It's a guide for reading the bible with my kids of all ages and dh and is helping us all memorize the books of the New Testament right now.

It's open and go and the kids are definitely being fed scripture every day.

YAy!