Menu

IOWA achievement tests...where do you order them from?

I have always ordered our IOWA tests from PES(Piedmont Educational Services). However, today I received an email that said they would no longer be able to provide the IOWA...only the CAT which I am not satisfied with.

Where do you order your IOWA tests from and can you administer them yourself as I do here in IL?

Is there another exam that anyone would recommend if I am not able to get the IOWA?

My boys are in the 7th and 8th grades and I want to continue to make sure we are on track as we may make a change to a Christian school in the next year or so and I want to check our progress.

thanks

I have always ordered our IOWA tests from PES(Piedmont Educational Services). However, today I received an email that said they would no longer be able to provide the IOWA...only the CAT which I am not satisfied with.

Where do you order your IOWA tests from and can you administer them yourself as I do here in IL?

Is there another exam that anyone would recommend if I am not able to get the IOWA?

My boys are in the 7th and 8th grades and I want to continue to make sure we are on track as we may make a change to a Christian school in the next year or so and I want to check our progress.

thanks

I get the ITBS from Bob Jones University. http://www.bjupress.com

Click on Homeschool, then Testing and Evaluation

You'll need to provide proof that you have a college degree. It costs about $40 for just the ITBS test and grading services. They offer hand grading as an option, for an extra fee.

They offer the CogAT along with the ITBS, if you'd like, but it's optional.

They also offer the Stanford test, but you need to administer it to other children along with your own in order to administer it yourself.

I have ordered from Triangle Education Assessments for the past three years. They have excellent customer service and I received the results in a timely manner.

:iagree:

I used them last year and was very satisfied. We ordered from them again this year. I ditto the CS... I had a problem and they resolved it quickly and very much to my satisfaction.