Menu

Ok, how about New Year's Eve foods?

I'm set on my foods for Christmas eve, Christmas morning and Christmas dinner....now it's time to look ahead to New Years Eve!

We usually do a light dinner and then snacky (read junk) food until midnight when we pop open Sparkling Cider and watch Dick Clark (painful to watch him now, but still tradition!).

So what do you eat/drink/be merry with on NYE?

We usually give the kids a light supper and we snack at regular dinner time (5:30 or 6pm in our house), then DH and I have fondue and champagne after all the kids are asleep. Last year, our eldest refused to go to sleep and stayed up with us to have fondue and it was a wonderful experience. This year we have some friends coming over early (about 4pm) and we are all going to have a fondue feast (cheese fondue first, meat/veggie next) and then we are going to go see a fireworks display at Sea World.

We usually give the kids a light supper and we snack at regular dinner time (5:30 or 6pm in our house), then DH and I have fondue and champagne after all the kids are asleep. Last year, our eldest refused to go to sleep and stayed up with us to have fondue and it was a wonderful experience. This year we have some friends coming over early (about 4pm) and we are all going to have a fondue feast (cheese fondue first, meat/veggie next) and then we are going to go see a fireworks display at Sea World.

Ooo, I love cheese fondue. Do you have a favorite recipe to share?

Ooo, I love cheese fondue. Do you have a favorite recipe to share?

I almost always bought the packaged kind in the grocery store, but this year I am going to make a cheddar ale one. This is the one we are going to use (with butter instead of canola and dark ale instead of ale)

http://www.recipezaar.com/Aged-Cheddar-and-Ale-Fondue-148057

Big sleepover at our home with 2 couples and 2 other children.

Ribs, fish, pulled pork, lump crabmeat, crab claws, shrimp, cole slaw, Cold Almond String Bean Salad, Chipolte Pear Bread and Key Lime Pie...some beer and some sparkling at midnight. I think I'm forgetting some of the food -- but I'm too tired to get up and go look at my list. (Sorry).

Cheese fondue sounds very very nice. Might have to do that for next year!

We make party food, particular Pampered Chef party food. I make a PC sandwich ring or a PC baked ring or wreath recipe for "dinner" then we have different PC appetizer foods all evening. My favorites are ham and spinach pinwheels and taco dip. We also have a veggie tray for everyone to snack on and popcorn.

Big sleepover at our home with 2 couples and 2 other children.

Ribs, fish, pulled pork, lump crabmeat, crab claws, shrimp, cole slaw, Cold Almond String Bean Salad, Chipolte Pear Bread and Key Lime Pie...some beer and some sparkling at midnight. I think I'm forgetting some of the food -- but I'm too tired to get up and go look at my list. (Sorry).

Cheese fondue sounds very very nice. Might have to do that for next year!

Wow, that's an amazing line up of food!

I usually take the kiddos to the grocery store and let them each pick their favorite appetizer. We snack on those early then have crab legs & salad as our main dish around 9pm. Sparkling cider and dessert at midnight. Green eggs, ham and chocolate cake for breakfast on New Years Day.

Ok, Chocolate Cake sounds like a totally awesome way to start a new year....unless of course, your resolution is weight loss, lol.