Menu

Happy Hanukkah!

We saw a matinee of the Nutcracker today and walked around looking at holiday displays in store windows (in the bitter cold!). We got home after dark, so the latkes will wait until tomorrow (some things can't be rushed). :001_smile: But we did light candles and sing blessings and the dc each got a small gift.

Mmm... We'll have our first batch of latkes tomorrow night. My partner had to work tonight, took two kids with him, one was sick, one fell asleep reading. I ended up lighting the two little candles and singing the blessing by myself. It was surprisingly nice, more peaceful and spiritual than the last decade of holidays with small children. I do have an urge to walk around the neighborhood and try to spot hanukkiahs in other windows. Mine are very prettily threatening to light my curtains ablaze as we speak. Now I can not stop humming

A Happy Hanukkah to you too!

Edited by dragons in the flower bed
capitalization

We're not Jewish, but we celebrate Hanukkah every year. We just ate a ton of delicious crispy potato latkes and now are getting ready to watch the first half of Fiddler On the Roof. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Same here -- but not watching Fiddler. Candles, story, nice time to be together. Latkes tomorrow night. Tonight, everyone received SOCKS :w00t: !

ENJOY!:001_smile:

My dh is Jewish. We prayed the baruchas, lit the candles, ate latkes with apple sauce, divied up the gelt so that there is enough to last each, 8 nights, played a mean game of dreidel for almonds (instead of pennies) and now dh is reading them Zlateh the Goat by I.B. Singer. Happy Chanukah!

Edited by Faithr
spelling