Menu

Flag Quizzes

Flag Quiz

There are scores of superb geography quizzes online, but I can not seem to find a good one for flags.

Most are:

1. multiple choice which does not ensure knowledge of the flags but rather hones the ability to eliminate options or to guess well

2. have non-national flags included. While I may recognize the Flag of the Isle of Man, I do not (yet) expect the children to know it

3. require typing in the name. This doesn’t always work e.g. Gambia vs. The Gambia, Burma vs. Myanmar, Cote d'ivoire vs. Ivory Coast.

I suppose I am looking for a site where one is shown a flag and must touch the nation on a map or chose out of a list of 195 ?? nation states. Any ideas?

This one is my favorite, but I won't say it's perfect...

http://www.flag-game.com/

I used it with my boys and did a great job with their geography as well as flags since I'd let them use the capital and neighbors clues when they needed to at first.

Some of the flags aren't exact... and some of the trivia question answers are questionable, but all in all, I really like the site. Oh yes, you also can't get a perfect score unless you can do all 10 + the trivia in 90 seconds or less - impossible on our computer due to slow time. But still, all in all I like it - and we know when we get them all right.

My favorite geography game (which includes flags of the world, country names, capital cities, and famous landmarks) is GeoChallenge. The problem is that you can only play it on Facebook...if they ever put it out as a stand alone game, I would definitely buy it! (The regular world geography is free, but if you want to pay extra, there are US and a European versions - haven't tried them). My kids love the game as well!

Here is a link to a video showing exactly what the game is like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=068yOtckUJg

This is the official site, but like I said, you can only play it through Facebook...www.playfish.com/?page=game_geochallenge

My favorite geography game (which includes flags of the world, country names, capital cities, and famous landmarks) is GeoChallenge. The problem is that you can only play it on Facebook...if they ever put it out as a stand alone game, I would definitely buy it! (The regular world geography is free, but if you want to pay extra, there are US and a European versions - haven't tried them). My kids love the game as well!

:iagree: I'm completely addicted.

• 1 month later...