Menu

What kind of gift will you give your hairdresser...

Paz

In past years (when I actually had money, lol) I gave her a $50 tip for December's appt - but I've been going to her for the last 12 years. These last few years I have given her a *really* great bottle of wine in a cool, embellished fabric wine bag.

ETA - I think sweet rolls and tea would make a great gift! Especially if the box in which it is delivered is really special.

Edited by LauraGB

I was wondering the same thing. I have a new cleaning lady who comes in every week for 3 hours. He son helps too. (Teen, homeschooled) I'm going to give him a card for itunes, but not sure what to do for her. By Christmas, they will have been here 6 times, maybe? I want to do something nice for her. She's a delightful Christian mom with 3 teens she's homeschooling. She cleans houses for curriculum ;) But she's so accomodating and has come in and just whipped our house into shape like nothing I could have ever done! And I'm soooo grateful!

Double the tip is my standby.

Yes, double tip or double salary, if she is not tipped. This is what I do for a long-time hair stylist, the lady who cleans my house, tutors, etc.

Only if it is someone with whom we also have a personal relationship, will we will buy a small present (such as a book or a present for her children) to give with the cash. I used to be very, very good friends with my manicurist (back before I had children and had time for weekly manicures). She fixed me up with single guys she knew and came to my wedding (not to one of her fix-ups). Every Christmas, she got tons of small presents from loyal clients, but she needed, and most appreciated, the cash.

Terri

It occurred to me a couple of years ago that service providers' Christmas expenses come early in December, just like mine do, so I started giving my tips earlier so they could use it for their families or whatever else. Several have commented on how much they appreciated the early tip.

Terri