Menu

Reminder: No slippers while cooking

asta

Here is my lumbar health reminder for the holidays: remember to wear shoes (with arch support) not slippers while cooking this season.

Admit it: we all stumble out in our jammies and slippers, grab some coffee or tea and start cooking. And then we wonder how numerous hours have passed, and why our backs are killing us!

That is all. :001_smile:

a

Here is my lumbar health reminder for the holidays: remember to wear shoes (with arch support) not slippers while cooking this season.

Admit it: we all stumble out in our jammies and slippers, grab some coffee or tea and start cooking. And then we wonder how numerous hours have passed, and why our backs are killing us!

That is all. :001_smile:

a

Really? I'm glad you let me know that because I spend the whole day in my slippers. In the summer I wear my crocs slippers and in the winter time I wear one of those fuzzy slippers that you get at target. They keep my feet sooooo warm while being comfortable at the same time. Its soo sad to know that it's bad for my back :(

I was in for my knee (my ankle is bad too, but my knee has gotten unbearable), and he was asking me about when it hurts and what I do that makes it worse. He asked what the flooring is in my kitchen and whether I always wear shoes when cooking. He ended up recommending surgery, but ended up with the admonishment to wear shoes all day and take breaks!

Do it!