Menu

Our visit to an Indonesian Orphanage

How's this for a learning experience? My daughter (6) had a lemonade stand with friends to earn money for an orphanage in Indonesia. At the time, we had a contact there that we were going to mail toys to. They went and bought toys (she earned $80) for the children. We went to the dollar tree so they got a TON of stuff for them. Turns out that it was made possible for us to actually visit the orphanage in Indonesia. (My mom lives in Singapore and we came into some money and was able to fly over here to visit her)

What better way is there to learn about those less fortunate than us than to go through the motions of making the lemonade and goodies, earning the money, buying the toys and then hand delivering them to those less fortunate in a completely different country. Words can't describe how wonderful the whole experience was for all of us.

Take a look at my blog. I will be posting more pictures tomorrow when we are not so tired.

Our visit to an orphanage in Indonesia

I have added more pictures to my blog with links to my mom's blog and my flickr account with all of my pictures posted there. Please go take a look.

My blog

Edited by cajunrose
Added more pictures

Singapore's like one big, clean shopping mall, isn't it? Indonesia is such a contrast. I'm so glad for you and your girl!

Yes...pretty much..lol Although...I have been in a few malls here that haven't been so clean...they are down right scary and stinky (you wouldn't believe how bad the food smells here to this hamburger and fries girl...lol)

Over all, it's a fantastic experience. We are over here for 3 more weeks...so we have a lot left to experience!

Thank you all...we are very humbled by the experience (and now have a permanent 'cause' to donate toward...we know first hand how the money will be spent!)

I have added more pictures to my blog with links to my mom's blog and my flickr account with all of my pictures posted there. Please go take a look.

My blog