Menu

Online gradebook

I recently found this nifty free online grade book, and I wanted to share it, because it is working really well for me. I teach a literature and composition co-op class to eight high school kids, and this online program lets me enter all of the individual graded assignments, sorts them by sub categories (like lit/comp/vocab), and -- based upon the weighting I put in -- averages the grades.

The students all get their own private passwords, so they (and their parents) can go on line at any time and see individual assignment grades, and their cumulative grade to-date for the semester/year.

I did a lot of surfing to see if this was a reliable option. I didn't want to enter lots of grades and then find that the data evaporated in cyberspace one day. From what I can tell, a lot of teachers have used this for some time, with great results.

So, if you are teaching a co-op class to other homeschool students, I just wanted to share this. I don't think it would work well for an individual student across subjects, but it might. My students and I love it.

Just wanted to share this, since it has worked so well for me. (And I promise I have no vested interest in this. :))

~Brigid

http://www.engrade.com/

• 1 month later...