Menu

My son is obsessed with Greek myths, any cool projects or unit studies out there

nukeswife

My son has been thoroughly obsessed with the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I'm actually even starting to read them and see why (I'm halfway through the first book) I would love to do a fun unit study with him, does anyone have anything they recommend.

I saw Evan-Moors Literature pocket about greek myths, and HOAC's lapbook, which I'm not sure about. Any other options out there? He's 10 years old and in 5th grade.

My son has been thoroughly obsessed with the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I'm actually even starting to read them and see why (I'm halfway through the first book) I would love to do a fun unit study with him, does anyone have anything they recommend.

My daughter got hooked in the same way! She's working through D'Aulaire's Book of Greek Myths and the study guide/workbook that you can get through Memoria Press. She is also going to do the National Mythology Exam in January. If you go to their website, they have tons of supplementary materials that you can order.

If you ever get to visit The Biltmore in NC, take the opportunity. This place if chock-full of references to Greek myths -- that many people completely miss, but your son might become your tour-guide!

Perhaps there are other places similar to this where you live? In VIRGINIA there HAVE to be places and historic sites with gardens, statues, tapestries, etc. Hunt these down and go on a field trip. HTH.