Menu

Twilight Turtle, anyone?

I recently saw this in a toy catalog and was intrigued enough to go into the store and talk to the salespeople about it. Of course, I got rave reviews. ;)

I am looking to buy this for my 3yo who has a hard time falling asleep on their own. They claim fear of the dark, or simply cry not to go to their own room and sleep by themselves, despite numerous night lights. They sleep fine if mommy or daddy are in the room with them, but as you can well imagine, that task gets a bit tedious when it takes up to an hour to get them to sleep.

Does anyone here have first-hand experience with this cute l'il guy? Do you think it would help a 3yo stay in bed and settle fears of the dark? FWIW- I really do NOT think the real issue is fear of the dark- it's more of an excuse not to go to bed alone.

I'd really like to know if this toy really works as well as they say and if the display on the ceiling is as nice as they make it seem. There is no demo of this toy where I live so I can't see it first-hand without ordering it, and once it's been opened I can no longer return unless it is defective.

We got my dd the ladybug one when she started having problems sleeping/going to bed because she did not like the dark. We already had 3 nightlights in the room and she wanted us to leave her lamp on as well. So, I ordered the ladybug and it only took about 2 nights for her to look forward to going to bed. I would show her how we couldn't see the stars or the moon unless it was really dark in the room. It worked for her. If you're desperate, give it a go.

Christina

Both of my kids have them. My daughter, 5, has had one since she was about 2.5 and loves it! Her preference is blue. The problem with hers is that it doesn't have an off button. You either have to wait out the 45 minute timer or you have to use the switch on the underside by the battery compartment.

My son, 2.5, got his last year and also loves it. His, though, does have an on/off switch, plus the switch by the batteries and the 45 minute timer. Plus his has a moon cutout on the shell as well. His preference is green.

Both kids really love it and refuse to go to sleep without them.

Our DS had one. He loved it. We would get the room all nice and dark and then let him hit the button to turn it on. We would talk about the stars and he would call them his 'angels'. So his 'angels' would look over him while he fell asleep :001_wub:.

He chose when to let it go. One night he just told us that he knew his 'angels' would always be there.

Highly recommend.