Menu

kitchenaid stand mixers question.

Which is best? I am really looking at the 6qt professional right now. I keep reading mix reviews on it, also mixed reviews on the tilt head vs bowl lift versions. So, I will ask the hive there advice.

The reason I am looking at the 6 qt now is so I don't have to upgrade later. This way I can make a large batch or small. I really don't want to get the smaller one and then later decide I needed the larger one. Dh told me to go and buy whatever one I wanted and to get all the fun things to go with it that I want. He said it is my early Christmas present, this way I can use it this holiday season for all my baking needs.

Also what attachments do you recommend?

Here is the link to what I am thinking of...any suggestions would be great.

http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/product_detail.asp?T1=KTO+KP26M1XCV

http://www.shopkitchenaid.com/product_detail.asp?T1=KTA+KGSA

I have the lifting one, because that's what Dh bought me years ago. We use it several times a day, and have never had any problems.

Once, Dd called me to say that she was using it, and it was making a funny noise and smelling bad. I think she had it running for over an hour. By the time I got home, it was fine.

I have the 6 qt. lift up type of KA. Mine is the professional one. I bought it because I heard that the cheaper one will give out if you are making big batches of bread or thick dough...and I wanted it for bread making and I didn't want to have to buy a 2nd one. That being said, I LOVE mine. I used it tons and I have not had any problems with it. I don't own any attatchments...yet...hope to look into that someday...just not now. I don't know if that is helpful...happy shopping!!

Get the tilting one. I just bought the lift bowl one rather than the tilting one and regret it now. I have to remove the mixing attachment into my bowl each time I want to remove teh bowl for any reason. Pain in the behind. I still love that I finally got one, and have used it several times already, but regret not getting the tilt head one. I don't have extra attachments yet, that is my next splurge.

I have the 6 qt. lift up type of KA. Mine is the professional one. I bought it because I heard that the cheaper one will give out if you are making big batches of bread or thick dough...and I wanted it for bread making and I didn't want to have to buy a 2nd one. That being said, I LOVE mine. I used it tons and I have not had any problems with it. I don't own any attatchments...yet...hope to look into that someday...just not now. I don't know if that is helpful...happy shopping!!

how many loafs of bread can it mix at once?

I have the 6 qt. lift up type of KA. Mine is the professional one. I bought it because I heard that the cheaper one will give out if you are making big batches of bread or thick dough...and I wanted it for bread making and I didn't want to have to buy a 2nd one. That being said, I LOVE mine. I used it tons and I have not had any problems with it.

This is the one I have. I love it. Once it overheated when I was making a large batch of a very dense dough but once it cooled down it was fine. I learned-can't double that recipe.