Menu

Prof. Grant Horner's Bible Reading System?

• 1 month later...
Is anyone trying this? Thoughts? I just found out about it and I am starting it today. If you don't know what it is you can click on my blog and it is the newest post. It is very different than anything I've tried before.

I found it the other day when I was searching for a new devotional for next year. I printed out the bookmarks and have just finished Day 5. I really like it so far! I like the variety and I like reading through all the genres at once and seeing how it all works together.

Are you on the facebook group? http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=46416541831&ref=ts

Hey, small world! Both my husband and I graduated from Master's as well. But we're oldies....my freshman year was the last year it was LABC, and my dh is 11 years older than me :o) (class of 78, class of 88). I've also enjoyed Prof. Horner's system. We go to Placerita Bap., and only live about a mile from the campus.

Guest Perpetua
Is anyone trying this? Thoughts? I just found out about it and I am starting it today. If you don't know what it is you can click on my blog and it is the newest post. It is very different than anything I've tried before.

Yes, it's a great plan! I've been following it since the spring, and blogged about it several times (some of my observations while reading the different lists each day).

It's also an easy plan to modify, since it follows a genre-plan, always reading from the different parts of the Bible at the same time. An easy modification is to split the history and prophets lists into two shorter lists -- or to read two chapters at a time from each of those longer lists. The more I read according to this plan, I know I could never go back to only reading the Bible through once per year -- multiple readings per year in this manner is far better.

Yes, it's a great plan! I've been following it since the spring, and blogged about it several times (some of my observations while reading the different lists each day).

Would you share your blog address? I'd love to read what you've written. I've been looking for someone who's been reading this way for a while and would love to read your thoughts.

Guest Perpetua
Would you share your blog address? I'd love to read what you've written. I've been looking for someone who's been reading this way for a while and would love to read your thoughts.

Sure... the address is

http://scripturethoughts.wordpress.com

The Horner Bible Reading blogs are in the category of that name, a lot from March and April but some later ones. I've modified the lists along the way, and comment on those changes also.