Menu

I'm stuck in Japan!!! (I need to vent)

I should have known this would happen... my kids and I took a trip to Japan w/ another military mom and her kids. Our travels in Japan were wonderful. The problems started when we tried to fly home. My friend got on the flight yesterday (higher category) and we are stuck. Looks like we'll be here for a couple more days. We travel military space A, which is much like flying stand-by. Great price, but one downside... no predictability!

I took the kids to a great park today, but I honestly am getting weary after traveling for 2 weeks. I just want to get home for Easter! Mind you, I'll be raring to go on another space-A trip 6 months from now, but right now I am frustrated and bored! Thank you all for letting me vent.

We just got back from Tokyo on Friday going Space A. We totally lucked out! It was our first Space a flight, and we ended up on the Patriot Express, and because we weren't going all the way to Seattle we didn't even have to pay! I just did a write up on my blog about our flight and our first day there.

http://www.okinawaraw.blogspot.com

Where are you stuck at?

I remember Space-A and its lovely price and erratic schedules. Can you just rent a few movies, hit the library, and sleep in for a day? What about hanging out at the base instead of intense entertainment? If you're tired, DCs must be exhausted also.

Good luck and hope you get home soon!

Maybe you could take the trains to Hakone!

The little train that takes you up that last leg of the trip is so cute--only 2 cars long, because it runs on a single track with switch overs, and that is the only way that it can fit on the switches. It's so pretty running through the hydrangeas up the mountain. Then you can visit the Open Air Sculpture Museum, where many Western as well as Eastern large pieces are set in outdoor hollows, each arranged to feature the art perfectly. Even if you don't know much about art (I don't), I think that you'll be very impressed! Also in that museum is one of the biggest collections of original Picassos in the world.

And isn't it right around Sakura now? I'll bet it's cherry blossom time SOMEWHERE in Japan. I have only seen this in Tokyo, but it's a blast!

Good luck both having fun and getting home!