Menu

From the mouth (and mind) of a teenager

While riding in the car this evening, my 15 year old said to me, "I really don't like the word 'privilege'" (I had used it in a conversation about why people pay interest on loans). I said, "What do you mean? You don't like how it sounds, or you don't like what it means, or what?" She said, "I don't like what it means." When I asked her why, she said, "Because if something is a privilege, that means it's not a right, and I should be able to do whatever I want and not have thing be privileges."

:lol:

This from the girl who can't wait to be an adult because "when you're an adult you can do whatever you want."

Well, geez, if that's true, what am I waiting for??? :confused:

Tara

Hey, at least she's only 15! I had a bloke in his early twenties tell me he shouldn't have to obey the speed limit because he was just a kid. He didn't even back down when I pointed out that he was older than I was.

As an adult, we can, to a degree, do whatever we want. What Miss 15 evidently hasn't considered is the consequences are worse than a lecture from Mum and being grounded for a fortnight :D "I don't know why I can't find a place to rent! Ok, so I haven't got any references because my last landlord booted me out for not paying rent, but really it wasn't like I didn't pay on purpose, I just forgot!" Heheh. Yay for adult life and being able to do whatever we want!

:)

Rosie