Menu

Follow up to my Craigslist post which I asked admin to delete...

I wanted to let you know that after we returned home from dinner out last night, I was nervous about the info shared on my later post so I asked admin to delete it.

Thank you for your help in navigating Craigslist. It took me a couple of hours to finally get the complaint form to load. Wonder if others were having problems too!! I did send off a 911 harassment email. I did notice this morning that both listings were removed. We plugged in one phone and answering machine while we were away this morning and there were a ton more msgs on the machine. Unplugged it again until I can get dh to record a new outgoing msg this evening.

I was also hoping to hear something more from Craigslist. Do I need to email them again or will they let me know what happened? I'm hoping to find out more before we take the more serious step of changing our phone #.

What a way to waste a day! It sure was a bizarre introduction to Craigslist. I've never been interested and now it makes me want to stay away.

Thanks again.

VH

P.S. I would appreciate the details of my situation to be left out if you do respond to this thread. Thanks.

Oh, how very frustrating. I'm so sorry you got caught up in a terrible waste of YOUR time by someone else. <bopping them on the head>

OTOH, I love Craigslist and use it daily. I've found furniture, sold our house (well, we have an offer), gotten jobs for my husband, etc. there. I do stay away from the areas that I want no part of, but do make use of the areas that benefit my family. Again, so sorry you had such a negative first experience.

Would you believe that the person posted the ad again with a few minor changes??? It's been taken off now after I filed another 911 report with Craigslist. I also called the local Sheriff's department and an officer was here this morning to file a report.

Not a fun way to start our school day. I decided to follow a reduced schedule day - my concentration is shot.:mad:

I wanted to let you know that after we returned home from dinner out last night, I was nervous about the info shared on my later post so I asked admin to delete it.

Thank you for your help in navigating Craigslist. It took me a couple of hours to finally get the complaint form to load. Wonder if others were having problems too!! I did send off a 911 harassment email. I did notice this morning that both listings were removed. We plugged in one phone and answering machine while we were away this morning and there were a ton more msgs on the machine. Unplugged it again until I can get dh to record a new outgoing msg this evening.

I was also hoping to hear something more from Craigslist. Do I need to email them again or will they let me know what happened? I'm hoping to find out more before we take the more serious step of changing our phone #.

What a way to waste a day! It sure was a bizarre introduction to Craigslist. I've never been interested and now it makes me want to stay away.

Thanks again.

VH

P.S. I would appreciate the details of my situation to be left out if you do respond to this thread. Thanks.

I can't believe this is happening again. I figured the first time was an innocent mix-up or at best a one time "random phone number" joke on somebody. I hope you're able to get this fixed soon. I know it's gonna be such a pain if you have to change your number. :grouphug:

Absolutely no idea. We've only lived here a year. I guess there must be somebody out there with a lot of time on his/her hands.

I really don't go out of my way to make enemies, ykwim :tongue_smilie:

Yeah, you've never really come across as that kind of person! Poor you :grouphug::grouphug:. I hope whoever it is finds something more productive to do.

I read about your situation yesterday - I don't recall any personal info. Did something happen to make you want to remove the thread?

I am so sorry this person has reposted the listing. Perhaps she saw that it was deleted and just reposted it the way it was. Maybe her phone number is close to your and she did not think to check it? How weird!