Menu

So I'm peeling ginger to go in a stir fry, and in a moment of inattention...

I peel a big piece off the end of my thumb. :ack2: You know how the tip of your thumb is round? Not mine. It's a straight slant now.

It's been a few hours, and I'm STILL in the throbbing, extreme pain stage. People, I can only say *please* don't lose focus when you are in the kitchen. :001_huh:

Ooohhh, I feel ill just thinking about that. I put the end of my finger in an electric mincer when I was seven and took the top off it.

I needed a skin graft and my finger has been sensitive to heat and pressure ever since. If you've cut more than skin away, are you sure you don't need to see a doctor?

When mum took me to the doctor I remember he assured me the injury was quite common........among the local abattoir workers!!

Hope you are feeling better soon. :grouphug:

I had one of these, and two weeks into it it got infected. Big, red, streaky. Had to take antibiotics. Until it heals, remember all the grubby places your hand goes.

Re: ginger, you can peel it with a spoon. No knife needed. Cuddle the spoon bowl, concave out, in your fingers, put your thumb on the end of the ginger nearest you (while holding the ginger in your other hand), put the spoon edge along the distal end of the ginger and pull towards yourself.