Menu

Just another reminder to join paperbackswap

Interesting. I'm usually too cheap to pay postage...yet, if the book is free, paying postage might be okay. About how much do you spend on postage to mail books?

A little over $2.00. Between $2.00 and $3.00.

I figure, when I buy something used from the Amazon marketplace (which I do often enough ;)), I am always charged $3.49 shipping. So, this is a better bargain.

I check PBS before I buy anything.

I ship using paypal.

I saw all envelopes and such I receive things in to reuse when I ship. I've also shipped in cereal boxes. I break it loose on one side, flip it brown-side out, insert the book, and tape it up.

Oh, you have Alexander and the Wind-up Mouse!

I will have to read that to the boys tomorrow; we have such fond memories of that one.

One of my girls loves Leo Lionni's books. It took a while for her to part with them. I don't think I have many of those left on my shelf. :001_smile:

Thanks for the info...this would save me a lot of time hunting second-hand for books. Hmm. Another question--there are SO many books listed on there--do you find that yours sell easily?

They use a "first in, first out" method for book requests. If it is a really popular book, and gets requested often, then it won't take long for it to move even if there are many of the same title posted. On the other hand, some books sit on your shelf for years, or until you throw them out. :)

I post a lot of "wish-listed" books, and when those are requested, the requester usually peeks at my shelf and orders another book or two as well. I get rid of a lot of them that way.

They use a "first in, first out" method for book requests. If it is a really popular book, and gets requested often, then it won't take long for it to move even if there are many of the same title posted. On the other hand, some books sit on your shelf for years, or until you throw them out. :)

I post a lot of "wish-listed" books, and when those are requested, the requester usually peeks at my shelf and orders another book or two as well. I get rid of a lot of them that way.

Right.

Also, if a person specifically goes to your bookshelf (because they "know" you), they can get the copy from you even if you are not first in line.

Right.

Also, if a person specifically goes to your bookshelf (because they "know" you), they can get the copy from you even if you are not first in line.

I didn't know this! I might have to start adding my it to my message board sigs. I love PBS! I go there first too and think it is excellent deal compared to buying from half.com or amazon.com considering you only pay to ship and than you receive for free.

Also, I got my mom and my MIL to give me books since they didn't want to actually be bothered with paying for shipping to swap.

I just joined this week. I have already received one book my son has been searching for, one I wanted, have one on the way for my other son and one on the way for school next year. I also have sent out two and have 3 more to mail today. I got a lot from my mom that she was going to donate to the library. My dad reads a lot of the popular suspense novels and then is done with them, so Mom gave me them.

http://www.paperbackswap.com/members/bookshelf.php