Menu

Why are some kids so difficult and some days so hard?

I had a terrible night's sleep. That probably doesn't help my seemingly endless dealings with my youngest ds's extreme stubbornness. It is draining. I know there are strategies to deal with it and we do employ them and they do eventually work but sometimes it would just be nice if he just be more (immediately) compliant.

He's a good boy in so many ways. He's extremely bright (which I think contributes to the problem). This stubborn streak in his personality is exhausting me. He knows everything and has an answer for everything.

I know it's my job as a parent to keep parenting. I just needed to vent.

And (while I'm venting) why is it that I turn to food for comfort on these tough days? You'd think by my age I'd know better but no, I bake peanut butter cookies! Thankfully I've only had 2 . . .so far . . .

I'm going to put on my runners and go for a run. Maybe I'll pass said child on my run (I sent him on a long walking errand).

(I know it sounds like I'm whining. I am. I shouldn't. I have many things to be thankful for.)