Menu

Paint color question

Okay, my entertainment center is oak so eventually all my livingroom furniture will be oak also (the tables we currently have are from the other livingroom set when we had two livingrooms). I have a cream colored microfiber sectional in this room.

I would like to paint one or two of the walls in the livingroom a rich brown, but does that go?

Do you have a better color idea?

Okay, my entertainment center is oak so eventually all my livingroom furniture will be oak also (the tables we currently have are from the other livingroom set when we had two livingrooms). I have a cream colored microfiber sectional in this room.

I would like to paint one or two of the walls in the livingroom a rich brown, but does that go?

Do you have a better color idea?

Oh, yes! I love it!

I love neutrals and naturals, but I'm always afraid I'm too monochromatic. What color is your carpet/flooring? You can add colorful accents, too (knick-knacks, throw pillows, artwork, etc.).

Denise, Go to control panel, then avatar (on the side) and upload a pic!

Thanks y'all. The drapes in here are gold, tan, with a little brown and cranberry. The border (can't remember the name) that is in the middle of the wall, couch level?) is cranberry with gold, cream, and green.

I was thinking THIS brown on just one or two walls (the ones behind the couch pieces even though the couch isn't against the wall):

4000612707_15870304d9.jpg

But I'm wondering if it is the right kind of brown...I can probably find a richer one without so much....whatever that is...red?

These are the color ds painted his bedroom a week and a half ago. I was thinking of using that buttercream color in the office (the other two walls are like this: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3287/2613434228_6b36d08242.jpg). But I liked the brown so thought maybe it would work for the livingroom.

So then I'll have left the other two livingroom walls, the exercise room, the bathrooms and my bedroom. Well, and the laundry room but I already have the color for that (same as schoolroom), just need to DO it. I'm hoping to get the whole house done before hubby gets home from Kentucky (I have months left).

The wall for the kitchen & diningroom which is on the other side of the house but is the biggest see-able wall like if you're sitting on the couch is a bold cranberry color. Maybe a deep pumpkin pie color would be good in here....I hadn't considered that. Before, I was thinking a gold but that was when the cranberry furniture was in here....

::: Thinking :::

Ok, I got a little confused, but wanted to say that my mom painted 2 walls in her living room a deep chocolate color and it looks great. Her furniture has a lot of red in it. Then in another part of the house she has painted a sun room a beautiful pumpkin color.

I do think if you go with the brown you need to go deeper than that picture. Think rich.

I'd get paint chips to hold against the oak, just to check the undertones.

My living room is Behr Pumpkin Bread, and we have a red microfiber sectional, as well as a blue chair & ottoman that has multicolor squares in it, some of which contain both the orange and red.

Sitting in here, I can see through to the foyer, which is grass green, and the kitchen in chili pepper red with goldenrod curtains.

I :001_wub: color!

(LOVE the new avatar pic, too! But I confess, it confused me for a moment! :tongue_smilie:)

I'd get paint chips to hold against the oak, just to check the undertones.

My living room is Behr Pumpkin Bread, and we have a red microfiber sectional, as well as a blue chair & ottoman that has multicolor squares in it, some of which contain both the orange and red.

Sitting in here, I can see through to the foyer, which is grass green, and the kitchen in chili pepper red with goldenrod curtains.

I :001_wub: color!

(LOVE the new avatar pic, too! But I confess, it confused me for a moment! :tongue_smilie:)

you're singing my tune!!! I, too, love color! I got VERY bold in our bathroom and painted it Scandanavian blue, which is exactly like cobalt blue. I'm not a blue person but LOVE periwinkle and cobalt. We have everything else white to stand out, and I'm considering lime green and orange towels. It's the only room where I got so bold, and I *love* it! People keep telling me what a pretty color purple it is. :p

I also have a red sectional, my kitchen is chili pepper red. The office is like an apple green.

LOVE color!

you're singing my tune!!! I, too, love color! I got VERY bold in our bathroom and painted it Scandanavian blue, which is exactly like cobalt blue. I'm not a blue person but LOVE periwinkle and cobalt. We have everything else white to stand out, and I'm considering lime green and orange towels. It's the only room where I got so bold, and I *love* it! People keep telling me what a pretty color purple it is. :p

I also have a red sectional, my kitchen is chili pepper red. The office is like an apple green.

LOVE color!

That is so funny! My laundry room/half bath is periwinkle! (and I'm not a blue person, either)