Menu

My girls were watching Jaywalking on the Leno show and knew all the books

:) In honor of book month, Jay Leno did a jaywalking segment this week about books and authors. I was so happy that my kids knew all the answers (except the youngest didn't know the Count of Monte Cristo). The worse showing was by the so called Harvard English Grad who couldn't name ending of The Adventures of . SHe finally came up with Huckelberry. What I was really happy to hear is that my girls knew all the answers even though they haven't read all the books. As usual, they were totally bewildered where these adults were educatated.

:) In honor of book month, Jay Leno did a jaywalking segment this week about books and authors. I was so happy that my kids knew all the answers (except the youngest didn't know the Count of Monte Cristo). The worse showing was by the so called Harvard English Grad who couldn't name ending of The Adventures of . SHe finally came up with Huckelberry. What I was really happy to hear is that my girls knew all the answers even though they haven't read all the books. As usual, they were totally bewildered where these adults were educatated.

I saw this and could not believe she didn't know it. Harvard? :001_huh:

it's great that the kids know the answers, however, Leno is a comedy show; they edit out the non-funny real answers other people may have given. also, i don't underestimate people's desire for their 15 minutes of fame no matter how they may come off. i wonder how many people give the wrong answer hoping it will land them on national TV.

it's great that the kids know the answers, however, Leno is a comedy show; they edit out the non-funny real answers other people may have given. also, i don't underestimate people's desire for their 15 minutes of fame no matter how they may come off. i wonder how many people give the wrong answer hoping it will land them on national TV.

:iagree:

Several years ago a friend was pulled aside by a Jay Leno staff members and "interviewed".....this friend (like most of this board's kids) knew the answers to whatever silly question it was and was thanked and told to move on. He hung around curious why answering the questions correctly had him dismissed (he knew who Leno was but doesn't watch). Turns out that the staff finds people who DON'T know the answers, gets all the paperwork taken care of (you have to sign a waiver to allow your image to be on TV), then sets them in place for Jay to "randomly" pick.

If you watched Leno often enough you'd think all of NYC were idiots, but it's a set up to be "funny".

But good on your kids for knowing!

Congratulations! I love when these things happen. It reminds my why I'm homeschooling when my friends are having their pedicures.

:iagree:

I didn't see the book one but I think sometimes those people are acting stupid on purpose in order to get on TV. It's just so over the top idiotic.