Menu

Has anyone heard of a program where if a state U

Gwen in VA

Has anyone heard of a program whereby if no in-state U offers a major but another state U in another state offers the major, a student can attend the out-of-state U with in-state tuition?

I was talking with someone yesterday and she mentioned this. I've never heard of ti before, but since ds2 is interested in a major that no instate U offers an undergraduate degree in but an out-of-state U does, this program (if it exists) could be of interest to us.

Thank you so much for the link, Jane! This egroup is an amazing source of information!

My son's major isn't on the VA Academic Common Market list and since they are not accepting new additions at this time, the program is probably irrelevant to us.

For the right kid who is interested in the right major, though, this program could be really valuable. There is so much college stuff out there to find out about!

*Removes guidance counselor hat and scratches head, wondering how many years she has to be a guidance counselor before she knows a quarter of what's out there!*

• 2 weeks later...