Menu

Book Suggestions (help with 9 yr dd)

Joker

I need some help. I grew up in a wonderful home but there were some things that just were not discussed. ( changing bodies, sex, etc) I have 2 dds and feel unprepared to deal with those same issues but I want to be able to. My 9 yr old dd is starting to develop in ways that I know I should talk to her about soon so she doesn't feel weird or that something is wrong with her. I need book suggestions - some for her, some for me and some for both of us. If you have any suggestions or advice please chime in. Thanks!

The Care and Keeping of You was a wonderful way to discuss this information with my dd. We used it late in her 9th year or just as she turned 10 and it was just the right amount of info. No s*x talk, just what to expect as your body changed.

Cindy

mom/teacher to 2 dds age 8 and 11

teacher to my sweet bonus student also 11

Thanks! I'll check these two out and see if they're a good fit. Do any of you have any suggestions for me? I feel very ill equipped going into these discussions. These are things that were never talked about within my family. My big sis still does not discuss such things. I found out everything from other girls in school and most of those were not accurate. I don't want it to be too uncomfortable for either of us so I could use some additional help with ways to approach and discuss.