Menu

How to study? (crosspost)

mo2

Can someone reference me to a book or website that teaches how to study in an effective, time-efficient manner?

I LOVE Starting Early with Study Skills: A Week By Week Guide for Elementary Students by Judith L. Irvin this with The Organized Student by Goldberg will get them well on their way:D

Can someone reference me to a book or website that teaches how to study in an effective, time-efficient manner?

What age range are you talking about? Young kids? Middle/high schoolers? Adults? My answer would depend on how old the target audience is.

For the latter 2 The Teaching Company (www.teach12.com) has a course specifically for high schoolers which could easily be used by middle schoolers and adults as well. I don't remember the actual name of the course, though. It'll go on sale (~50% - 70% of normal price) at least once per year.

The Well Educated Mind is a great resource for how to read various literary genres. The Latin Centered Curriculum has a section which addresses adults who want to learn (or re-learn) various subjects. Both these books are probably available at your library.