Menu

Freezing pancakes

momee

I freeze pancakes all the time. I don't like pancakes so I never eat them but my kids never complain about the frozen ones. I make the pancakes and cool them on wire racks. Once cool I place on a cookie sheet in a single layer and freeze them. Then I switch them to a freezer bag.

I freeze pancakes all the time. I don't like pancakes so I never eat them but my kids never complain about the frozen ones. I make the pancakes and cool them on wire racks. Once cool I place on a cookie sheet in a single layer and freeze them. Then I switch them to a freezer bag.

I do the same....and I reheat them in the toaster....

I just stack them all on a serving plate and put the leftovers into sandwich bags and freeze. They usually microwave them.

Me too. and nobody complains. The kids prefer them to the ones that you buy frozen and microwave. I make silver dollar pancakes and they seem to reheat fine - one minute in microwave for seven in a single layer which is what my 4yo eats until they are gone, and I have to make more.